I'm pregnant! When should we reach out for our session?
- For Newborn/In-Home, reach out once you're in the 2nd trimester.
(This helps to ensure I am able to hold availability around your Estimated Due Date)
- For Maternity sessions, I also suggest reaching out once you're in the 2nd trimester.
(This helps to ensure I have availability around the time you are 30-34 weeks)
As for timing:
- Newborn sessions are typically scheduled in the morning, and when baby is between 7-21 days young (there is flexibility in the date range for age)
-Maternity sessions are generally sunset sessions, and can happen "anytime", but I like to try scheduling the session somewhere between 30-34 weeks. Every pregnancy is different, but generally momma-to-be will have a nice round belly for the photos, but won't be too uncomfortable. I have done sessions with 'mini bumps' early on, as well as mommas around 38 weeks - so if you're making a last minute decision to squeeze a session in before you pop, or don't want to wait to do a session, don't be discouraged about contacting me (there's no "too soon or too late")!
How far in advance should I book my family session?
- Please try to reach out at least 2 months in advance*. (Keeping in mind Fall dates go VERY fast, since that is peak season for family sessions) *My schedule does fluctuate, so feel free to reach out even if it's last minute, and we can try to make something work!
As for timing:
- Outdoor sessions generally take place approximately an hour before sunset, depending on the package, location & weather.
Do you offer discounts?
I sure do!
All my Maternity clients receive a discount off of their booked Newborn session.
I also offer a Loyalty discount to all my returning clients, as a thank you for their support!
Please inquire for more details about this.
Do you have a studio and/or provide props?
I do not have a studio, all sessions are done at outdoor locations (or in the comfort of your home)
I am all about focusing on the emotion and moments during a session, but props can be fun to include as well.
I don't provide any, but if you'd like to include them, you are more than welcome to.
What to bring really depends on what is symbolic or sentimental to you.
I am always available to discuss any thoughts and idea for our session together.